What are all these fundraisers paying for??
The Music Boosters help to pay for items that would not ordinarily be paid for by the district budget.
Some examples of what were provided in the past 2 years are:
- Welcome and End of Year Donut Party for Band Students
- 8th Grade pins for MS Band and Choirs
- Uniform Repairs
- $50 Merit Scholarships for Middle School Band and Choir students (to be used for lessons or other musical needs)
- Supplies and Pizza Party for Middle School Marching Band
- New Amp and Sound Equipment for the Middle School Choirs
- Field Trip Fees to the Marriot Lincolnshire for Middle School Choirs
- 14 Full-Tuition Scholarships to attend University of Wisconsin-Whitewater summer music camps to Middle School Band and Choir students
More information for anyone interested in the summer music camps can be found at:
We know not everyone eats out or needs to order wrapping paper. If you chose not to participate in our fundraisers, that's OK! We would, however, like to invite you to continue to support the Woodland Music Programs in other ways.
1) Check the volunteer section of this page often (especially before performances) for volunteer opportunities.
2) Add our calendar to your device so you can stay up to date on our events. We may one day add your favorite restaurant!
3) You can always send a check made payable to “Wildcat Music Boosters.” The Wildcat Music Boosters is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and 100% of your donation will go directly back to the schools. Any check over $50 will receive a special gift and a letter for tax-deduction purposes. Please make sure that your address is correct on your check. You may place your donation into an envelope labeled "WMB Donation" and return to your child's director. Or to ensure your donation is received, we suggest that you mail a donation to:
Wildcat Music Boosters
1105 N. Hunt Club Road
Gurnee, IL 60031
Follow us on social media and add our calendar below to your device so you never miss an event!
The boosters are currently in need of several volunteers. Please see below and contact us if interested.
Fundraising Organizer - Do you have fresh fundraiser ideas? You would contact local businesses and set up fundraiser nights, typically one per month. Then communicate any flyers/info to the directors to distribute to their student lists.
Uniforms - We would like to begin training someone to help be in charge of the band uniforms. This includes logging them, fitting the kids, getting them repaired, etc.
Concert Sales - Take charge of selling items at concerts and organizing volunteers. This is your chance to bring new ideas to items for sale!
Spirit Wear - Do you want a certain type of spirit wear item? Now's your chance! Take the lead on working with our vendor to get an online spirit wear sale started.
Communications - Are you tech savvy? Can you send emails, update Facebook and this simple web page? This is the job for you!
Again, we will train and help anyone interested in these positions. The past several years, 4 people have done all of this and more and we could really use more help. All of your hard work directly benefits our musical children. All of these jobs can be done while working so no excuses!
Wildcat Music Booster Board Members 2019-2020:
- Amy Thomas - President
- Nicol George - Vice President
- Tasheka Rowe - Treasurer
- Jennifer Garrow - Secretary
- Amy Thomas - President
Click the icon below to visit our YouTube channel. We are always looking for videos. If you are a parent that has video of our choir or band musical performances, please send us and email so we can arrange for you to share with us!